More About Security:
The Edelweiss web-based eReader is based on R2D2BC, a leading web-based implementation of the Readium V2 EPUB reader. It was developed in partnership with Bluefire Solutions, a leading eReader solutions provider.
- Users must be logged in to Edelweiss to access the reader web app.
- Review copy content is delivered to readers in small, encrypted fragments, providing additional content protection.
- Printing from the browser is disabled.
- Chapter links are obfuscated to prevent full book scraping.
- Browser inspection of chapter contents is disabled.
- Smart detection of exploit attempts logs the user out when they try to use the browser's dev tools.
Final product testing was conducted in conjunction with security firms contracted by Penguin Random House and HarperCollins.